Sunday, December 9, 2007

Milking Millions Out of Blogging

This is a blog post of a Russian blogger, who managed to hit the TOP rated sections of reddit.com, fark.com, digg.com and other such websites everyday, with the articles he created daily. He managed to earn with Google AdSense and his blog some amount starting from zero. So here is the article, translated for your reading pleasure.

Once a year I am getting obsessed with an idea of getting some money from nothing. This year this obsession got me in spring. As you all know this is not my first year I earn my money in internet. Previously I used normal business schemes "Do something – Get paid". Previously I was paid for thinking out web domain names, for promoting some software, for writing down press releases and so on. This was not interesting for me now.

I decided to test the scheme "Done nothing – Got money", but mainly my target was not getting paid for it, I was interested in proof of the concept.

I determined the following conditions for myself: zero expenses for the domain name, zero expenses for the content, and not more than 5 minutes a day for promoting.

So I began figuring out what is the project that would fit those terms. Soon the idea arrived – free domain -then it should be a blog on blogger.com. So the second condition for me was not creating my own content, so I had to aggregate the third party content and to make a "splog" – the blog that publishes content gathered from other blogs. Up this point I had a bunch of links to the articles regarding some non-trivial business solutions, so I decided to utilize them.

As I mentioned I had a lot of links to the suitable content, so the main task became a promotion. As you might remember I had a limit of 5 minutes a day for promotion of my newly created blog. Due to this term I needed to concentrate fully on Web 2.0 websites as a main promotion mean. I was hoping to get 20,000 – 30,000 hits from them in a day.

I choose RedDit.Com, Digg.Com, Fark.Com, Del.Isio.Us and Digg.com.

So here are my results for the 4 months of my activities:

March 6 – March 31 $27.86
April 1 – April 30 $195.16
May 1 – May 31 - $33.21
June 1 – June 30 - $105.17
July 1- July 16 - $43.75
This is just a revenue from AdSense and does not include the commissions I got from promoting software on my blog.

If this post would be popular it would be continued. Please let us know what do you think about the author's experience. If people express interest we would go on with his examples - what posts got to first places on all the web 2.0 sites he used.

His personal blog is: http://davydov.blogspot.com/

No comments: